Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Politics in Sport

Personally I feel and see that people care more about sports than anything including politics. Because people are more likely to watch and attend sporting events, buy and sell sport merchandise, than to vote or discuss politics on an everyday basis. Only time you really hear about politics is when there is a recession, terrorist attack, or if there is a war. Sports to me are put on a pedastal because its entertainment at the highest level in which humans put they bodies on the line to do amazing things. It's a shame that people rather make sports more important than religion as well which should be the strong standing foundation of everyone because we only on this earth for a little bit of time compared to eternal life afterwards. I feel politics should be more important to solve everyday issues and problems that go on in the world. I understand that there will never be peace but I rather get close than not try at all. I'm not saying sports are wrong but I am saying that they shouldn't be that important as they are.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Cato fully. Sports is all around us. It is something we do on a daily basis. From when we wake up to when we go to bed we see sports all around. Politics is always in the back. As Cato said i feel is true, the only time politics is brought up if something serious happens. Why is that the only time something has to be brought up. Why cant the little stuff be as well. i think if more stuff was in the publics eye then maybe more people would look at it more.

    ReplyDelete