Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It is necessary to understand the word "care" before answering the question. Personally I think most people are interested and socialize more about sports than politics. This is true in are culture because the general public would rather sit around and talk about sports than listen to each other argue about politics. Don't get me wrong politics are very important in today's society, because politics effect economic and social relations involving different events both good and bad. Sports just bring more excitement and fun when it's discussed among alot of people, who enjoy discussing sports and talking about the different things that happened that day or the day before. Like who got dunked on or how many touchdowns did he score. Politics its more difficult to understand and creates serious anger, and makes you want to avoid and do something else. That's why I figured most people care more about sports than politics.

3 comments:

  1. I think you pick up on an interesting issue, different political issues can be very difficult to understand, and sport does offer a nice alternative. But what about political issues such ideas surrounding race, gender, sexuality, etc that are present within sport? Can our country work as a democracy if our citizens don't try to understand at least some political issues?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the politicially issue as far as race are present within sport. I think white and black athletes have a cerain type of persona if I must say. Black athletes are the more athletic, talented but flashy athletes. White athletes are the more blue collar, hard-working type of athletes. I say this because this is the way these people are personified in sport to the society. Do I agree? NO. But this an issue that has to be dealt with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you willie when you say sports bring more excitement therefore people have more to talk about with it and also how politics are difficult to understand. But I feel its more important for you to gain knowledge about them than for you to learn how to play or watch a sport. Because when you have all these problems in society and dont know why they occur and dont know how to fix them then thats your fault for not understanding why you between a rock and a hard place. But people would gladly tell you how many stats a player had in their last season. Its just funny to me when I think about it because obviously it shows what priorites people have and whats more important.

    ReplyDelete