Friday, December 4, 2009

I would say that in todays world people do care more about sports then they do politics. I think that in the older generations politics were a bigger deal in the news then they are today. I think this because I feel most people find politics boring while sports are very entertaining. However politics are extremely present in sports today. For example the NFL fining players for celebrations or not wearing the certain parts of there uniform. This is the comissioner trying to have control of its athletes which is an example of politics. But, when it comes to the question of what does the general population care about more politics or sports I would have to say sports.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that sports are far more entertaining and thats why people dont care as much. And its true that politics are just as prevelant in sports as the actual game itself. Every aspect of sports these days seems to have some sort of political issue involved. Just like the radio personalaty Rush Limbaugh trying to purchase the Rams. It was a big deal because of the political views that Limbaugh has. So i agree that politics are a big part of sports.

    ReplyDelete